ENSURING YOUR BUSINESS CONTINUES TO THRIVE
Community Employment Services (CES)
Community Employment Services assists employers in all their hiring and training needs.
If you are an employer seeking skilled workers to fill opportunities, we can support your search through our networks to access talent within Oxford, regionally, nationally and internationally. Support is also available to ease the integration of newcomers into your workforce including: accreditation, language support, and community orientation.
In addition, CES can provide financial support to offset the cost of hiring and training newcomers in your workplace.
Work In Oxford
WorkInOxford provides free online employment and volunteer opportunities for Oxford County employers and organizations to fulfill recruitment needs. If you are an Oxford County-based business, not-for-profit or charity registered with the Canadian Revenue Agency, we invite you to login and take advantage of all the services available to you.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada Foreign Credentials Referral Office, The Employer’s Roadmap to hiring and retaining internationally trained workers
Hireimmigrants.ca: Supporting the recruitment, retention and promotion of skilled immigrants
- The Benefits of Hiring Skilled Immigrants (Video Series), an excellent series on why and how to hire skilled immigrants.
- Bias-Free Hiring and Assessment: Removing the “Canadian Experience” Barrier, lots of good information on the new policy from the Ontario Human Rights Commission.
- What You Can and Can’t Ask in an Interview, includes an excellent list of related resources at bottom of page.
- The hireimmigrants.ca Roadmap – A step-by-step guide with comprehensive strategies and tools to enhance your company’s human resources planning and practice, from recruiting to retaining and integrating skilled immigrants. This resource helps you more effectively assess and select candidates, integrate skilled newcomers into your organization and foster long-term relationships. It even offers tools to help you evaluate your success in hiring skilled newcomers.
- See the excellent webinars page to view useful webinars about various topics, such as Expression of Interest: Canada’s Proposal to Recruit Immigrant Talent – Implications for Employers, Professional Immigrant Networks: Connecting with Immigrant Talent, and Bias-Free Hiring and Assessment: Removing the “Canadian Experience” Barrier.
Ontario Human Rights Commission, Policy on removing the “Canadian experience” barrier
TRIEC (Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council), TRIEC Training Videos – Finding Talent, Integrating Talent, and Cross-Cultural Teamwork training videos, which deals with the challenges faced by employers and possible cultural biases they must overcome when recruiting skilled immigrants. These videos are also important resources for immigrant-serving agencies offering training to skilled immigrants who are looking to integrate successfully into Canadian organizations.